Sunday, August 6, 2023

Liesl flies solo

Liesl and Roxy really, really wanted to see each other this summer, so Kim and I put our heads together (calendars in hand) to make it happen. On Friday morning, Liesl took a Southwest flight on her own, 90 minutes to Sacramento -- she was excited and nervous and proud all at once. I was allowed to walk her to her gate and watch as she got on the plane, and Kim met her at the gate at the other end. I'm proud of how brave and independent she is, but I was also sad to see her go - I'll miss my sweet girl. She'll be there until next Saturday - hanging out w cousins, camping at Lassen National Park - and then will return with Roxy for another week of hanging out here in Portland. So fun. Such an adventure. Cousins are the best.

No comments: