Carl and Danica flew into Portland Saturday morning - Dani to stay for a week, Carl to drop her off before returning home on Sunday - and we promptly went to Mt. Tabor for the annual PDX Soapbox Derby. Crazy fun.
We then hiked the Balch Creek trail up to the Audubon Society - said hello to Julio the owl and watched as a baby robin was brought in for rehab - before hitting up Salt & Straw in NW Portland. Yum!!
We came home for dinner - salmon and farmer's market produce - and the kids created, rehearsed, and performed a show. I did not manage to capture it for posterity, although Carl did. (It was pretty awesome.)
A highly choreographed show from Carl on Vimeo.
The children are as always delighted with each other's company and I'm really excited about our week together. Although, I did not perhaps think through what it would be like for Liesl to be odd man out - sometimes included by the big kids, but sometimes not - she is finding that hard. We'll have to come up with some strategies for her to feel special too.
Today, Sunday, we went to Planet Granite for some kid and adult climbing. Danica attempted some 11a's, and climbed 3-4 tough routes in the 10-range of ratings. Carl and I also each climbed some routes. I've managed to hold on to my edge over both the California Averys for another little bit. :)
We had Indian food for lunch, played at Peninsula Park, and then I took Carl to the airport. It was great to have a weekend with him.
No comments:
Post a Comment