The schools were closed today for teacher professional development, so I played hooky and took Liesl up to Mt Hood for a day of cross-country skiing. We returned to Teacup Nordic, the same place we went last year, and had a similarly memorable, amazing day. Liesl picked skiing back up as if no time had passed, and we were thus brave enough to try out the blue intermediate runs. The downhills were just fun for her this year and she sailed down smiling.
Unfortunately, that meant I got a little over-ambitious and we ended up skiing probably 6+ miles, with the last 1.5 being entirely uphill. Liesl survived by playing music on my phone and quietly (angrily) cursing her mother. :)
She was amazing. It was fantastic. Such a beautiful place, and a sunshine-y day, and I loved spending time outside with her having fun together.
Road trip vibes: had to stop to charge Tessy, which meant a run on snacks at Fred Meyer's in Sandy.
We had lunch on a snow bank in the sun.















No comments:
Post a Comment