Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Benham Falls and Phil's trails

It was cold and sunny again on Tuesday, and we headed back outside for more adventures in this gorgeous place. Steve and I ran together on the Deschutes River trail in the early morning (freezing cold!) -- we started at a different trailhead, and felt like mountain goats as we scampered along the rocky trail. And then the kids and I headed to Benham Falls on the upper Deschutes to see the waterfall and let Jasper swim a little in the river.




After lunch, we loaded the bikes onto the car and headed to Phil's trailhead, a mecca for mountain biking enthusiasts. We were a little nervous about the terrain but it turned out to be absolutely amazing, dirt trails that curved and swerved to make the riding more fun as you zipped around trees and up and down little hills. After we rode out and back on first the Cascade Crest trail and then Marvin's Garden trail, we played on the ramps near the parking lot. Sebastian said this ride was his favorite part of our whole Bend trip, so I'm really glad we made it happen.








No comments: