Sunday, March 3, 2024

Hood River mom/daughter weekend

Liesl and I wanted to cross country ski, and to have some girly time together, so we took off on Saturday morning for Hood River. We picked up skis, snacks, and latte/chai, stopped for fish and chips at Pfriem on waterfront in HR, and then continued on toward Mt Hood and Tamanawas Falls. We had previously been here as a family in 2017 or so, and not since.  It was lovely to revisit and enjoy a snowy hike to a beautiful frozen waterfall.




 

 
We returned to Hood River and our hotel - there's a heated outdoor pool that overlooks the Columbia, so we went swimming and enjoyed the hot tub. I ordered takeout pizza and salad from Solstice, and we cozied up with Korean face masks and manicures, watching the movie To All the Boys I've Loved Before (a high school rom-com).

On Sunday, we enjoyed breakfast at the hotel and the views, and then headed back up to the mountain for some cross country skiing at Teacup Nordic. We did the entire outer loop, black diamonds and all, probably close to 6 miles. We were both pretty tired by the end, but I was so proud of Liesl for taking on new challenges.



No comments: