Monday, October 22, 2018

Forest Park

I don't blog about it much, but the beauty and solitude and wooded grace of Forest Park has remained one of the chief joys of my life in Portland. I love that I get to walk and run here multiple days every week -- my delight in stepping into the forest never feels old -- and that happiness has only been amplified by the company of Jasper. This fall has been particularly beautiful, with piles of brightly colored dry leaves, multiple sunny days, crisp mornings and evenings. Jazzy and I run 4-5 miles, usually on some portion of the Wildwood, or the old Leif Erikson road, and come home tired, thirsty, and happy.
Sebastian and I went for a walk on Sunday afternoon, tossing a frisbee to each other down the wide Saltzman trail, looking out for leaves to catch, and playing hide and seek with Jasper.

No comments: