Our child care plan for the week is a little spotty, and mostly involves working from home. But I had to go to work on Monday and Wednesday for various meetings, and thus my entourage accompanied me. It's worked out pretty well - the kids have discovered the joys of the finished and furnished basement of the Honors House, in which they can spread out and make as much noise as they wish. They have read books, played pretend games, built structures, watched movies, and practiced math. And we have taken walks around campus for our lunch breaks, enjoying the fountain and sculptures.
These first photos are from Monday, when only Liesl and Jasper came with me - Sebastian came today as well, finding himself too bored at home without us. I love how thrilled they are to come to my work with me - both children frequently ask to come - it's really sweet. It helps that I work in a charming old house that is (in the summer) mostly empty - for me, it evokes children's books like the Narnia series or The Secret Garden, where delightful surprises hide in abandoned rooms.
This cracked me up - Jasper did his business, and I set about cleaning it up, and Liesl was holding my phone and snapping photos of me. Mostly of my butt. It's always fun to see yourself through your children's eyes!
So I retaliated by taking photos of her struggling to climb this tree...
And then we stuck our tongues out at each other. Good times.
No comments:
Post a Comment