Thursday, March 30, 2017

games, art projects, and books

After our very active Tuesday, we were more indoorsy on Wednesday. Sebastian set up a whole bunch of our games across the living room floor before the rest of us even woke up. So we played! Chess, Uno, Forbidden Island, Connect Four, Max, Ducks in a Row. We didn't even get to Scrabble, Magic Labyrinth, Sherlock, the memory game, Blokus, Spot it, or Apples to Apples.
I did a little bit of work while Sebastian played outside and Liesl drew a picture of the basketball hoop, and herself dunking. Amazing.
Then we went to the Cedar Mill branch of the Beaverton library system, got Liesl her first library card, and checked out 85 books! They have an amazing selection of children's books, including many series that I haven't seen in the Portland library system. It was great. This library is closer to our home, without the backup of traffic to get over the hill, and has parking. It's also next door to one of our favorite bakeries. I don't know why we haven't joined sooner.

Liesl had her usual gymnastics class; Sebastian and I traded in some lacrosse balls for cash (50 cents a ball) and then walked along the Fanno Creek trail, tossing a tennis ball back and forth and catching up on school gossip and inside info. It's good to have one-on-one time with my boy, without friends and Liesl and Steve around.

No comments: