Today was my first day back at work. I can't believe that the seven months went by so quickly! I feel like it just flew past, even faster than after Sebastian was born. I'm sad, of course, and feeling anxious about Liesl's adjustment to daycare and my readjustment to work life. On the one hand, I'm so thankful that I got to stay home for seven months with her - far longer than most mothers in this country. On the other hand, I wish I could stay home for a full year, which is what I would be able to do if I lived in any other industrialized country.
My biggest concern about Liesl and daycare is her liquid intake - she'll eat food, but so far she has not taken to the bottle at all. I don't know how she's going to get milk. But she's a friendly creature and definitely likes other children, so I think she's going to enjoy being with the other babies at Happy Harbor. We'll see about naps - she's used to a pretty quiet and dark environment, which she's not going to get.
She's at such a cute stage right now - all dimpled elbows and chubby cheeks - and she's starting to babble, and to move around. It's really hard to leave her. My sweet baby girl.
No comments:
Post a Comment