Sunday, December 19, 2010

Liesl rocks tummy time

Steve was playing with Liesl the other day - making faces, making her laugh - and then plopped her over on her belly for some tummy time. She looked at him for a bit, and then he moved to the other side to encourage her to turn her head and follow his voice. He kept talking, and after a few minutes she gave a big sigh and seemed to settle in. He leaned over to check, and sure enough, she'd fallen asleep! I'm sure that most parents wouldn't find this totally miraculous, but Sebastian didn't fall asleep on his own, without bouncing, cuddling, a pacifier, shushing, swaddling, or a moving car, until he was about 3. So Steve and I were simply awestruck. She slept for a good 2 hours on her stomach that time, and we've since put her down for other naps on her tummy. She scooches (sp?) her legs up under her, so that her bum sticks up in the air. It's adorable. She's next to me in her crib, sleeping just like that, as I type.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: