Friday, September 11, 2009

kitchen play

Sebbe and I went to Ikea a few weeks ago to buy some household stuff. He had a great time running through the store, jumping on the beds, climbing up the couches and chairs, and exploring the kids toys. (And helping mama pick out some cheap ceramic plates and bowls for his own use . . . I've decided to throw out the melamine and let him use the real stuff, but I wasn't quite ready to unleash him on our real dishes.)

He had a wonderful time playing with the toy kitchen and all its props, and I could barely drag him away after 20 minutes. I was thrilled to see him so fascinated by a non-vehicle-related toy that I promptly bought all the stuff. Steve and I still haven't managed to find the time to put together the toy kitchen (which is in 100 parts and requires approximately 50 steps...), but in the meantime Sebbe is having a grand time playing with his pots and pans, making food and feeding Pip, his hipster boy doll.





My favorite part is when he blows on the food, so that it isn't too hot for Pip.

No comments: