What have we done in our semi-quarantine, which we have interpreted to mean no scheduled activities, no work/school, no restaurants or indoor spaces, but yes to playing outside with neighborhood friends?
The kids have read many books, mostly ebooks at this point since the libraries are closed. We tried to read all of our old picture books: Liesl was surprised by the death of the frog in City Dog and Country Frog (it is alluded to but not stated outright), and Sebastian realized that he didn't remember the plot details of any of the books that he recognized. And I found that I loved Poppleton as much as I used to - always one of my favorite book series to read aloud.
We have played many family games -- Machi Koro and Sushi Go, poker, Uno, and Go fish, and family charades. Some very silly photos from charades below.
We took advantage of our Disney Plus subscription and watched Frozen 2 and The Good Dinosaur. The kids re-watched Sandlot, always an old favorite.
Seb played baseball and basketball and walked to Starbucks with some friends; he's done some math homework and some writing. I downloaded the Pokemon Go app and Seb and I went Poke searching in the neighborhood, and that was more fun than I expected..
Liesl did a few hours of math on the computer and watched a learning module about Anne Frank. She biked around the neighborhood and played downball (a game like 4-square) with neighborhood friends for hours and hours in the sunshine today.
I went for a hike from Lower MacLeay up to Pittock Mansion (5.5
miles) with Anja and Adrienne, and Steve and I ran this afternoon on the
Rock Creek trail.
And finally, Liesl and I watched a Mo Willems video from the Kennedy Center about doodling together (it's going to be a daily broadcast), and each produced a totally decent Pigeon!








No comments:
Post a Comment