Monday, April 22, 2019

90s-themed party

Steve and I went to a 90s-themed party this weekend, as one of the school auction events. Some people really (really!) got into the theme and got themselves decked out in amazing costumes (Kurt Cobain and Courtney Love, Vanilla Ice, various Friends characters), but I just wore baggy jeans and a baggy plaid flannel shirt. But my favorite is that we were all asked ahead of time to send in photos of ourselves from the 90s for a slideshow display during the party. I had a really good time looking through my pics from high school, Sweden, college, and New York, and found what I was looking for: two photos of me and Steve together during our college years, when we were friends but not a couple.

Here's freshman year at Amherst, 1994.
And here's senior week at Amherst, 1998.

And just for fun, two from high school sporting events. I still make the pose I'm making in this photo below, but until this moment, didn't realize that it was a lifelong fallback. And the look on my face in the soccer game is just priceless.

No comments: