Monday, May 2, 2016

kindergarten- bound

Liesl participated in a connect-to-kindergarten event on Thursday morning. It was so cute - she was really excited to go over, meet the teachers, and get into the classroom. She walked into the classroom, sat down at a table, and immediately started drawing pictures: perfectly happy.  She knows a lot of the incoming kinders already, because they are the younger siblings of Sebastian's friends. It's such a different world for her - the school is known, the people are familiar - I sometimes feel like she has it so much easier than her brother did. He had to start at FPE not knowing a single friend - and it's often that way for him. I sometimes worry about him for being overly cautious and anxious, but it's true that he has to blaze the trail that she gets to skip along.

In other Liesl news, she came to my office the other day when her preschool was closed, and while I was downstairs talking to a colleague, got herself set up in my chair. When I came back in, she was waving her arms around in wild gesticulations and pretending to talk to a student. It was hysterical, and made me so self-conscious about my gestures next time I was talking to someone.

1 comment:

Anne said...

I love that story of Liesl pretending to do your job - makes me smile.