Monday, March 25, 2013

Trip to Sacramento

In honor of my brother's 40th birthday, my parents and I rented a minivan, packed up the kids and lots of supplies, and drove the nine hours down to Sacramento to celebrate together. Carl and I last celebrated birthdays together when he was turning 17 (and I was 14). We came down in one marathon day on Thursday and have had a fabulous long weekend together.

We took the children to Southside playground on Friday morning, biked to Old Sac and the train museum on Saturday, walked around Effie Yeaw nature preserve on Sunday, and played at Art Beast today. We also ate a ton of good food - I am totally overstuffed. We ate new American at a hip little place downtown, enjoyed the sultan's feast (and a bellydancer) at a Moroccan restaurant called Casablanca, chowed on ramen for lunch one day and Mexican food on another, and had shrimp in lobster sauce and salmon at home. Also, two chocolate cakes and chocolate ice cream. :)

Sebastian and Danica have been inseparable.  It's magical, and always has been between them. They play so happily together, for days, cooperating and taking turns leading the play. Roxy and Liesl have finally started to pay attention to each other and play together a bit, mostly in defense against the exclusionary tactics of the older children. It's been a good visit. We leave tomorrow morning and will  stop overnight in Ashland, halfway home.

As always, far too many photos were taken, and Carl even made a video.




























No comments: