Saturday, March 30, 2013

the good and bad bunnies Fufu

Liesl has taken to designating one of her Bunny Fufu lovies as the good Fufu, the baby, and carrying it around everywhere, and the second one as the bad Fufu, the big sister, who is mean to the baby and thus constantly needs a timeout.  (Yes, she has two identical lovies, because we are obviously terrible at hiding the second - emergency - one.)  The naughty one was first banished to the foot of the crib, but as of last night was thrown out of the crib altogether, forced to sleep in the closet.  Since her Fufus are identical, I have no idea how she is distinguishing them, but she is extremely clear about it.*

So we have the good baby and the bad big sister. :)  Art imitating life?

*Update: Tonight, we couldn't find good baby Fufu, so I picked up bad big sister Fufu from the floor of the closet and brought it to Liesl in the semi-darkness and told her it would be fine. "Can I see it?" she said, and so I turned on the light. "No," she said, "this is the bad sister." And then she sobbed while the other three of us ran around the house, up and down the stairs, opening boxes and peering under beds and couches, in a mad search for good baby Fufu. I still have no idea how she tells them apart - something in the nose? The eyes? I can't for the life of me see it. Sigh. 


No comments: