I managed to get an Oregon driver's license yesterday*, which doesn't sound like much of an accomplishment, except that I had to go to the DMV with both children, wait in various lines for a couple of hours, and (AND!) take the knowledge portion of the driver's exam again. Oregon doesn't grant reciprocity to other states' licensing, and so everyone has to take it. So, for the first time since I was 15, I sat down with the driver's manual and studied up. You have to get 80% right to pass, and when I took the practice exams (after reading the manual twice) I was scoring right at 80%. Ugh. The children weren't allowed into the computer area where I needed to take the exam, so I set them up with my laptop and a movie, promised them bagels if they didn't move or fuss or bother me while I was taking the test, and clicked through as fast as I could. Passed! Phew! Thank goodness I don't have to go back and make the kids wait again, and take it again - that would have been embarrassing. And I'm not sure the kids could have been as good again for another two hours, confined to a waiting area. I have the biggest grin in my new license photo. :)
*I had to take it soon, because my NY State license was expiring on my birthday in ten days...
No comments:
Post a Comment