Spring has arrived in Portland, earlier than I had even hoped, and it is gorgeous. Crocuses and daffodils are popping up, the cherry trees are blooming, and green leaves are forming on all of the trees. It's warm out - Seb and Liesl are eschewing even their fleece hoodies - and we love the extra sunlight in the evenings.
We explored two new trails in Forest Park this week, both starting at
the same entry point, and very much enjoyed both hikes. We spent about
two hours walking, running, hiding, finding sticks to whack ferns and
trees, and investigating the forest. Today we discovered trillium
flowers and clovers coming up in the woods, which made me so happy.
 |
| Seb fishing in the stream with a long stick. One of these days, one of them will fall in. I hope it's in the summertime. |
 |
| Sitting on an old moss-covered log, which I called a fairy bench. Seb asked me if fairies were real, and I said of course! and then named the various kinds of present fairies (Santa, tooth, Easter bunny), woodland fairies, and water fairies. :) |
 |
| dappled sunlight this morning, and my enthusiastic and intrepid explorers. |
 |
| trilliums behind the children (who always bring along their faithful friends) |
 |
| spot the girl!! |
 |
| new clovers! |
 |
| blue diamond for the Wildwood trail |
No comments:
Post a Comment