Last Saturday morning we went to the track at Catlin Gabel (a local private school, but their grounds are open to the public) to run some timed laps. Steve ran a mile in 6:05; Seb ran a mile in 6:27; I ran in 7:20. Liesl ran a lap in 1:40 (she didn't want to be timed at a mile). We are going to return periodically and see if we can get any better. I have my doubts about myself, but feel certain that the children and Steve can and will get faster. Liesl has started running laps around our local track with her friend Arianna, hoping to run a timed mile next time we go to Catlin.
On another day, a particularly hot one when we were all stuck inside during the afternoon, we did the NYTimes strength workout together, all four of us in the living room. There are 9 exercises; you do each one for a minute and then move on to the next, so it's about 10 minutes of full-body torture. Steve and I did it twice through and were sweating and breathing hard, and I was proud of the kids for trying to complete each exericse for the full minute.

No comments:
Post a Comment