Sebastian found his friend Wyatt and the two of them embarked on an epic hike around the neighborhood - down the trail to the pond, sledding near there, over to check out Engleman, back up to sled a few times down Bartholomew, up the trail behind the school, and then playing at the field. They were out for a couple of hours together and only returned when they were tired and hungry, which I loved. Liesl requested that we try to find her friend Nora for some snow play, so we tromped down there. There were people sledding along the plowed road and we joined in the fun - first together, and then I walked even higher up and went on a few steep, fast, long runs by myself. I left Liesl to play at Nora's house and walked back home along the trails - it was beautiful in the forest.
Steve met up with me while I was on my way home and came to join me in the forest.
Sebastian tried to snowboard down some steep hills, taking some good falls into the powder.
We picked Liesl up at 2:30 and Nora came back to our house to play for a bit - they played in the snow all the way home, giggling the whole time about this and that and nothing - and then played family and babies in L's room for a couple hours.
I baked morning glory muffins and an orange-scented tea cake, and braised a pork shoulder for dinner (in my new giant dutch oven!). Good food for a snow day.
No comments:
Post a Comment