Wednesday, April 15, 2015

the Liesl life

We went bouldering at the Circuit last Friday with Anne+Camille and Adrienne+Angelo - Liesl loved it, of course, and was her usual monkey self.
Sebastian got a new helmet and gloves for lacrosse season, and Liesl had to try it out. She's been super into clothes lately - even more than usual, which is saying a lot! She's even been trying on Sebastian's clothes for a boy look, and just yesterday I caught her trying on my dresses and socks (!). Already!
On Sunday, while Steve and Seb suffered through the Timbers game, we went to Arbor Lodge playground in North Portland. She did some swinging, some climbing, some digging in the sand, but for the majority of the time we were there, she followed the lead of the other children and slid down this fake grass/turf manmade hill, sitting on a piece of cardboard. Summer sledding. It was fantastic. I have no idea if the playground creators expected their fake hill to be used in this way - I doubt it, since there's a metal slide built into it (ignored by all but the very young). But I loved seeing the ingenuity of the kids.

 
 

No comments: