Thursday, July 11, 2013

finding inspiration

It's a really cool thing to live in a city where people bike everywhere, and hike all the time, and run run run. Every time we're out on a trail we see people of all ages really moving -ultramarathoners sprinting along the Wildwood trail, probably for the full 30 miles of it. Seventy-year old women riding bikes along the rail trails, sporting calves of steel. Road bikers powering up and over the hills around us, and families pulling multiple children on bicycles. The city is full of fit, outdoorsy people. It's really given me a fresh sense of possibility and inspiration to get stronger and fitter - to run and bike more, but also to possibly return to rock climbing, or take up something new. Both Steve and I have been exercising a lot more since we moved here, and I recently managed to complete a 4.5 mile run in Forest Park. I don't think I've run that far in a decade and I was really really pleased.

1 comment:

Bryant and Sze-ching said...

Ha! You ain't foolin' nobody. The real inspiration is embedded in your June 4 posting....... :)