Liesl and I had a terrific day at the beach today. We met up with two friends from our
mom's group - Mary and Rowan, with whom we've enjoyed a number of
adventures, and Crystal and Alex (a baby), who I've only met a few times
at the book group. It was great to talk with the other moms at length
and our kids were really happy to be playing in the sand together. This was our first time at Arcadia, just south of Cannon Beach, and it
proved to be less crowded and more sheltered from the wind.
We explored
some tide pools, seeing anemone and starfish and little fish, walked along the beach , and let the kids splash in various shallow pools. We stayed from
10:30 or so until 3:30 - I had thought we might have dinner on the
coast, but Liesl was ridiculously sandy and she fell asleep within 5
minutes of getting in the car, before we even made it back to town. So I
just drove home and we got cleaned up and ate dinner here. It was an
altogether delightful day.
 |
| morning treats from Waves of Grain bakery - a cinnamon roll and ginger chocolate scone. yum. |
 |
| looking south |
 |
| Arcadia Beach, looking north. At high tide, the area between those rocks is completely underwater. |
 |
| new beach toys: ice cream cones and scoops! |
 |
| touching anemones to see them curl up, along with Rowan |
 |
| I love how fearless she is about slimy creatures and insects |
 |
| touching the starfish |
 |
| I love her happy face in this picture. She loved crawling around in this shallow pool. |
No comments:
Post a Comment