We decorated for Christmas! We have a Noble fir tree trimmed with all of our lovely favorite ornaments, as well as a wreath and lights and the Advent calendar and stockings all up around the house.
(I should note that Steve and I have our own annual tradition, in which I am super enthusiastic about getting our tree as soon as possible after Thanksgiving, and Steve wants to wait a week or two to make sure the tree looks better on Christmas Day, and we sort of argue about it. Actually, we don't even bother having the argument anymore. We just jockey for position and then eventually someone wins. Now that the children are older, I have two more strong votes on my side, so I expect to win for another decade or so. :) )
We went to pick out our Christmas tree at Pollard Ranch, a local tree farm off Skyline Blvd. They handed us a saw and sent us out to pick our own and chop it down. The kids happily participated in the picking and choosing, but of course ultimately picked two different trees; we picked a third, and got that one, to their disgust.
The afternoon was delightful - we drank spiced warm apple cider AND hot chocolate, finished off the marionberry pie, listened to Christmas music, jockeyed for prime viewing space on the tree, and delighted in seeing all our favorite decorations.
No comments:
Post a Comment