Monday, November 11, 2013

Sebastian's 6th birthday!

We celebrated Sebastian's 6th birthday today! He had very specific menu requests for every meal of the day, and I'm happy to report that I managed to fulfill them. :) So for breakfast we had blueberry pancakes and sausage. He ate a hot dog for lunch. For dinner, chicken, spinach ravioli, broccoli and peas, with strawberry shortcake for dessert. Yum.

We invited three of his school friends to meet us at PlaydatePDX this morning, an indoor playground, for some play and lunch. The boys ran around, climbed ladders, slid down slides, and shot balls out of air cannons in the ball pit.  They had a great time, I think.

Ethan, Max, and Cameron with our birthday boy

opening presents!

racing cars (using an air pump to create some speed). A big hit. :)
the gang, with the Playdate structure behind them
hot dogs and pizza, sweet potato fries, apples, cheese and fruit
We came home for naps and then in the afternoon Seb played with his new presents - a racing car game and new Lego set (Ninjago). I was especially proud that Seb has so far managed to build the new Lego set entirely on his own - he asked for my help occasionally, but when I put him off ("just a minute, be there in a few...") he always managed to figure it out on his own. Steve came home early from work so we could celebrate with a nice dinner and presents. His first present required a scavenger hunt, in which I wrote locations on pieces of paper and he had to read the word and then go find the next piece of paper. He stuck with it, and eventually found his new Razor scooter. :) He's thrilled, and took it out for an initial ride immediately. We also got him a book, a space-themed puzzle, stomp rockets, two cars from the Cars 2 movie, and some building replicas for his city setup.









No comments: