Liesl and I camped at Coldwater Cove campground on Clear Lake this week; it was the fifth year in a row that we went there, and the second that it was just a girls trip. It was, as always, beautiful and peaceful. The lake is perfect for paddling and hiking around, and in general it's nice to be off screens and away from distractions and chores and errands, in the woods. We had a lovely time.
We packed on Sunday morning and drove out; there was a wildfire burning near Eugene that caused me some concern, but it didn't appear to be spreading quickly and the smoke was consistently hitting Bend and not our lake. Still... it wasn't the ideal beginning, and so we were relieved to arrive and find the air clear.
Liesl pumped up the paddleboard entirely on her own -- all the way to 12 PSI! I was so impressed. And grateful.
We paddled over to the resort, where we ate ice cream sandwiches and threw the frisbee for Jasper to swim and fetch.I take this exact picture every summer, because every time the dog is in the kayak I find it equally adorable. Kind of ridiculous.
We paddled back to our campground and set up our tent and table - site 32 this time - and enjoyed mac and cheese with peas and ham for dinner. We couldn't have a fire, so we roasted marshmallows on the stove and drank hot chocolate.
Evening stroll along the lake trail.Spot the chipmunk!





























No comments:
Post a Comment