Liesl has been giving her room a makeover this summer - out with the old/kid furniture and toys, in with an updated look. We bought a bunk bed to give her more space for lounging and sleepovers -- that arrived right before our vacation. And then on Wednesday the two of us headed to Ikea to find a new dresser and a taller bookshelf. I was proud of us: we double-checked what we wanted, located everything in the warehouse, manhandled it onto the cart and then into the back of the Tesla, brought it into the house, and then set up the bookshelf all by ourselves. I wasn't sure how Liesl would do with it, but she was a pro -- once she established that the directions were all in pictures and not words, she managed to decipher it without problem and directed me (the labor) in what to do.
And then the next day, while I was out at work, she put together a tall and narrow bedside table all by herself! She was so proud; I was so proud.




No comments:
Post a Comment