Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Tesla!

After 13 years of driving our Honda Civic, of relying on one car despite our busy schedules of work, school, and activities, and of cramming all of us and Jasper and stuff into a small sedan on road trips, we finally bought a new car. We are the very happy owners of a blue Tesla Y! We had intended to get a car in the spring, but then once Covid hit and we had nowhere to go, we decided to delay until fall. We expected to wait 6 weeks, and thus put in our order on Friday night. Lo and behold, we got a call on Saturday that we could pick it up on Tuesday! Eeep! So we did.

 


 

The kids were thrilled, of course, especially Seb (for the cool factor). (Liesl, who picked the blue color, is also pretty excited for something so new). Steve loves the driving experience, especially the acceleration. I feel intimidated by the touch screen controls and the whole newness/expense of this thing, and have been driving the Civic around today instead. But I'm sure I'll get there!

No comments: