Another good week - remote school, dance classes, soccer and baseball practices, and on the weekend, a soccer scrimmage and mini-golf.
Sebastian's soccer club is running an internal 4v4 tournament; they have enough boys for six teams, and over the next three weeks will play in a round robin and then a playoff round. Today was the first, and Seb's team tied one game and won one. He was so happy afterwards with how he played, how his team played, and with the fun of a competition. (Unrelated but cute photo of Jasper sitting on Seb.)Spectators were not officially allowed, so Jasper and I walked around the Duniway track and watched Seb's team as we passed by, and I refrained from taking photos or cheering as loudly as I usually do. These pics are from Liesl's soccer practice -- she's looking really good out there, quick and agile and becoming increasingly comfortable with the drills and ball control.
Liesl and I went to Island Greens minigolf course in Tualatin today. It was a really sweet mama-daughter afternoon - we walked around the neighboring wildlife refuge and then had fun playing together.
And I found some afternoon time to bake: apple oatmeal muffins and an apple galette. I fell off my
usual baking rhythm during the heat and smoke of September, but I feel
inspired again now that it's fall. I am thinking of pumpkin bread and ginger molasses cookies and apple cakes....
Sunset over Beaverton and Hillsboro, from our hill. It's a little smoky (we're in the yellow), but not terrible.







No comments:
Post a Comment