We took Jasper into Forest Park for the first time - so fun to take the puppy on the trails and in the woods! He loved it, of course. He sniffed everything, he ran everywhere, he picked up all sorts of sticks. The kids were thrilled and so was I -- it's hard to get my kiddos into the woods when there are friends to play with on nearby fields and playgrounds. So this was sweet.
Selfies with two children and a dog are pretty much impossible, I've found.
We have also been having fun in our house with Jasper. Sebastian - who was in the beginning the most nervous about the dog - has been steadily getting more comfortable with him. Their favorite game is sort of soccer/fetch - Sebastian kicks the stuffed animal, and Jasper pounces on it and maybe brings it back, and then Sebastian will lift it up and Jasper will be on his hind legs playing tug of war. It's great stuff. I'm really happy to see Sebastian confronting and getting past his fear of dogs, and to watch him learning to take care of Jasper - feeding him, taking him out, playing games, picking up poop, and cuddling. He's said a few times now how glad he is that we got the dog, and I'm so happy.Liesl, who most wanted a puppy, has found it a little more difficult to play with Jasper. He treats her like another puppy, which makes sense, but means she's the most likely to get nibbled on (especially her ears! which is painful). Still - she likes to go for walks with him and to carry him around.
Jasper likes to curl up in the backseat with the boys when I'm driving soccer carpool. They all love it, and it's sweet for me to listen to these 9-year old boys - so tough usually! - talking to Jasper in baby voices and coddling him.
No comments:
Post a Comment