Friday, December 9, 2016
day two: icicles
We woke up to a second day of no school, with our streets and steps covered in ice, and lovely icicles hanging everywhere. Sebastian couldn't wait to get out in it again - by 8 am he was layering up to head outside. He tried sledding down the school hill, which looked wet and uncomfortable, continued to dig out a fantastic fort, and in general played outside nearly all day. Liesl got cold and wet and then was perfectly happy to be inside with me.
We finished decorating the gingerbread houses, which turned out better than we had feared. I had fun with the icing sugar, looping drifts of snow around the houses. Liesl drew a picture of a Christmas tree to decorate our walls; we read a dozen books; we watched some Christmas movies (Charlie Brown; Rudolph; It's a Wonderful Life); and Liesl and I baked butter cookies in various holiday shapes.
I told Steve that this was going to be our Christmas/New Year's family photo, to be sent out to all our friends and family. I love his look of disbelief.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment