Friday, November 25, 2016

Thanksgiving 2016

We had a lovely Thanksgiving day - the first time in Portland that I haven't cooked T-day dinner myself! It was nice to take the year off and enjoy the vacation day with less stress. We spent the morning at PG, climbing in the empty gym with Adrienne, Jeff, Luna, Anja, and our kiddos. And then in the afternoon we went to the Hoangs, to enjoy an amazing dinner cooked by Anne and the sweet company of her family, visiting from California.

I brought a purple cabbage salad, dressed up with dates, pistachios, apples, and feta. I had intended to bring one dessert, but then couldn't make up my mind and on Wednesday morning baked both a cranberry bread and an apple cake. And then on Weds night at 8:30, Anne texted to say that she had forgotten to pick up the pies from the bakery!! No pie?! Unacceptable!! This was just my kind of crisis - the perfect situation for me to be the heroine. I made a pie crust that night and mixed an oat-almond crumble topping, and on Thursday baked a pumpkin pie with cheesecake swirl and a marionberry-blueberry crisp.
Sadly, no photos were taken of the delightful food or company at Anne's, but this morning our family had leftover pie for breakfast and I captured the spread.

No comments: