Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Oaks Park

We took our annual (more or less) summer trip to Oaks Amusement park, to ride the rides, get suckered out of some money at games, and play minigolf. It was fun - more crowded than I expected, and Seb is now too tall for some of his favorite kiddie rides (which was a little crushing for him), but Liesl had an amazing time and tried out some new and crazy rides. She's now officially the only one in our family with the stomach for spinning-twirling-falling-zooming rides. We met up with Anne and Camille, Adrienne and Angelo, and that was great. I was able to leave Liesl with Anne and take Sebastian to play some mini-golf, just the two of us. We are rarely a two-some, he and I - when our family splits up for a day or activity, it's usually along gender lines - and so I really enjoyed spending time with just him.
















The day ended on a sad/funny note - Anne took the girls on this octopus ride, which spun and twirled and dipped around - and got terribly woozy. Like, face as white as a sheet, lie down on the grass, can't drive home kind of motion sickness. We laughed and sympathized in equal measure. :)

1 comment:

Anne said...

Oh this is hilarious. The foolish choices of of a full grown adult...such hindsight here.

I'm so glad you got Seb time.