Friday, June 10, 2016

Dragonfly graduation

Liesl's preschool had their graduation celebration this afternoon - they had a slideshow with baby photos and pictures from the year, printed diplomas, hand-made caps and tassels, and an array of treats. It was nice to be there and see all of her friends - especially Nina and her parents. I am sad to be leaving Helen Gordon - it's been such a magical place for Liesl, full of wonderful teachers, friends, learning, and opportunities. I've loved seeing her thrive and blossom there. I wish she could stay longer; I wish kindergarten and all of elementary school was so child-centered and hands-on in learning style; I wish Sebastian could have gone there too. I know Liesl is ready for kindergarten and will love that too - but this place has been special.
After the celebration was over, we went to Pine St. Market to get dinner - pizza for the kids, and a little of lots of things for us - chicken and radicchio from Pollo Bravo, the mezze platter from Shalom Y'all, the fennel slaw and mushroom dashi from Common Law. Delicious.
And then we were finally home, in time for some outdoor play before bedtime. We gave Liesl new roller skates as an end-of-year present. She was thrilled and immediately put them on and went outside, eager to try them out. We need better wrist guards to protect her hands, but she loves them. Yay for summer!

No comments: