Sebastian's piano class had their end-of-semester recital yesterday. It was pretty informal, just in the classroom during the last half of the regular class time, but still everyone's first time playing in front of a largish group of family members. Sebastian was a little nervous but handled it very well - no grouchiness or temper, no upset stomach - and he played four (very short) songs beautifully. He had to come to the front, introduce himself and the song he was playing, sit and play, and then stand up and take a bow at the end. He was a little shy, but did well, and I was proud.
We celebrated with an assortment of mini cupcakes from Saint Cupcake - yum! He will continue with the same teacher and many of the same children during the spring semester, again in a group lesson format. He has indicated that he's interested in private lessons, so we will most likely pursue that next year - so far so good! I admit I was nervous entering into piano lessons, fearing that it was a whim on his part that would be an expensive foray into horrendous nagging on my part. I won't say there hasn't been nagging, but he's mostly practiced his 20 minutes a day with minimum grumbling - especially since we moved the piano into the living room - and he's definitely still enjoying it. I hope it continues, as it's nice to see him exploring an alternative interest and side of his personality.
I took a couple of not-very-interesting photos, but my laptop is wonky and I'm letting it have a moment to itself, so the photos remain on the camera. I'll add the pics to this post later. :)
Edited to add:
1 comment:
Go Seb!
Post a Comment