Just another Friday morning in our house. :) I blame Steve for this one.
Untitled from B. Avery on Vimeo.
In related news, both kids got new running shoes, having worn holes in their old ones. Liesl requested pink light-up shoes and we found a snazzy pair with brightly colored lights. Seb, in a surprise move, requested pink Nikes. I was astonished, as he's always been set on blue blue blue. Apparently pink is the new favorite color of all the second and third grade boys in his class. I tried to be encouraging of his diversion and yet also honest about the fact that it might be an unusual pick. Plus, I told him he'd be wearing them for a few months and so to make sure he was sure, because if he changed his mind in a week we weren't buying new ones.
He was super happy to get them and wore them to school today. Predictably, everyone in his class thought they were awesome, but he reported sadly that all the other boys at lunch recess teased him about his pink shoes. But: when asked, he reported that he said "Well, I like them and think they're cool, so I don't care what you say." I was proud of his response but still wished there'd been a little less teasing and a little more support.
1 comment:
You know Bruno Mars is wearing a hot pink jacket in his Uptown Funk video. Would go nicely with some pink shoes.
Post a Comment