On Monday of last week, a new family came to camp - three boys, just arrived in the country from Barcelona, Spain. Barcelona! Sebastian was wearing a Barca jersey and apparently that created an instant friendship. The two older boys, Diego and Gonzalo, are around Seb's age; the younger one is Liesl's age. The children played a lot of soccer together and were instantly inseparable. (On a side note, the way that the boys say Sebastian, with their Spanish accent, is awesome.) The older ones can speak some English, although not fluently, but the littlest boy has very little English and has been having difficulties adjusting.
I picked my children up from camp last Monday and told them they wouldn't be back until the following week, and they were so upset. We want to come tomorrow! they cried. Please can't we come to camp again tomorrow?! So I duly went and asked their new friends' parents if they would also be returning on Tuesday - yes! they said - and that sealed the deal. I took the children to camp to play and spent the day at home doing chores and house-cleaning.
I spoke to their mom on Tuesday and learned that the family was just here for the summer, for her husband's job, and then they'd return home to Barcelona. What a fun summer adventure for them! I am jealous.
Some videos from the last week of camp...
No comments:
Post a Comment