Tuesday, July 7, 2015

summer journals

We have been "journaling" this summer, inspired by the practices of Liesl's preschool. She writes and draws in a journal book every afternoon that she doesn't nap - and thus she journaled more frequently as the year went on.  I am hoping to keep Sebastian writing this summer - for him, reading is easy! He reads so much, and voraciously, and I am delighted - but writing is harder.

We set the kitchen timer for 15-20 minutes and each write on our own piece of paper, with as little talking as possible (very hard for one little girl). Here are some of the topics we've covered so far:

100 things that make me happy
Adventures and trips I want to do this summer
illustrating our adventures - Rose Garden
describing our days and our feelings
a book report on coyotes
a mama book, in which both children wrote and drew pictures of all the things I love.

Maybe I'll take pictures of these documents and attach them, but just in case I don't, I wanted to remember.


No comments: