Sebastian has learned how to pull himself up to standing! He first managed it in his crib two days ago, but has since repeated the feat using the couch, his high chair, and various parental legs. Look out world! We think he was inspired by watching cousin Danica motor around all last week. He's also starting to figure out regular crawling (which is good, since Grandpa Avery said his first movements looked like a proto-creature, and Aunt Trish thought he was like a worm!). :)
We spent all of last week in Portland, Oregon, for a Mah family reunion. It was wonderful to see all my aunts, uncles, and cousins again, as well as my immediate family. We picnicked, hiked the Gorge, visited the zoo and children's museum, ate tons of food, and did some shopping. It was especially magical to watch the cousins play together, with increasing awareness of each other as the week went on. I have tons of pictures - 300 or so? - and will post them as soon as I can go through and edit them down to a manageable number.
In less fun news, I am back at work. Yesterday was my first day, and although I only stayed for a half day, it was very sad. I felt a bit like I was missing a limb. To add insult to injury, my work shoes, unused for so many months, gave me blisters. On the bright side, Grandma Raab is looking after Sebbe today, and early reports are good (they went for a walk, visited the pool, managed a bit of food...).
No comments:
Post a Comment