Sunday, December 25, 2022

Merry Xmas

We had our festive dinner on Christmas Eve -- roasted leg of lamb, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes w cranberries and apples, green beans, sourdough rolls, kale salad -- and it was wonderfully delicious.

 

On Christmas morning we had our annual fig bread, along with bacon, fruit, and eggs. Unlike in years past, we had to wait for Sebastian to get his beauty sleep, and didn't get started until 9. 

Finally on to the opening of the presents! Stockings first and then an assortment of handmade (by Liesl) and useful/fun/delicious gifts.

Steve surprised us with last-minute tickets to see the New York City Ballet's Nutcracker in New York City on Wednesday.  We were so excited. There was possibly some squealing and definitely some jumping, daning, and hugging.
Pickleball set!
We had so much fun playing pingpong on a mini-size table in Palm Springs that I decided to surprise everyone with one for our house. (Okay, it's likely that Seb was not surprised, as he had asked for one and I had not actually said no outright, and everyone knew I was hiding something sizeable in the garage.) I was envisioning it in the garage, but it fits remarkably well into the living room. Popo and Bompy gave it its grand debut.

And then we spent the rest of Christmas Day just relaxing and enjoying ourselves. Steve and I took Jasper for a run; mom and dad went for a walk; we played Sequence (I won!); we ate more fig bread and lamb leftovers. And of course, we four Avery/Raabs packed and did laundry and cleaned up the house for our dogsitter Phoebe, who is coming to stay with Jazzy while we are in NYC.

No comments: