Covid finally came for our family, after 2+ years of successfully dodging the virus. I'm glad we were able to get vaccinated and boosted before falling ill, and that the timing did not disrupt any big plans (like Hawaii). But Steve felt sick first, and he was hit the hardest -- chills, fatigue, sore lungs, a cough and sore throat. He was quite sick for five days and is still recovering, finding himself often tired and still coughing. Liesl tested positive but has remained entirely asymptomatic, and we hope she remains so. Seb has tested negative all along and has never had any symptoms, although his middle school is currently rife with Covid cases. I felt fine for over a week and thought I'd dodged infection once again, but on Friday afternoon I felt just terrible. Sore throat, chills and fever, and so so tired. I napped for two hours and still went to bed early. But Saturday was okay, and today was even better, and I feel hopeful that I'm on the road to recovery after a very mild case.

No comments:
Post a Comment