It was a very happy Easter Sunday at our home. Liesl and I had fun decorating eggs, with both traditional dye and with her favorite, the Eggmazing spinner.
The Easter bunny delivered a lot of chocolate overnight -- of both the kid and grownup varieties -- and much munching was done by all. I made a blueberry baked oatmeal to provide some ballast under the candy.
I stuffed plastic Easter eggs with candies and chocolates, but mostly for table decoration (and tradition), since both kids are a little old for the usual hide and hunt. But then they decided they wanted to flip the tables on us, and made us go outside for half an hour while they hid the plastic eggs all over the house. It was really fun for Steve and me to be the hunters, and really fun for the kids to laugh at our cluelessness and occasional blindness to hidden eggs. We had a really fun morning together.
And now they're off -- Liesl and Arianna playing in the woods, and Seb hanging out at Gabi's house -- and we are catching up on spring cleaning and errands and chores.





















No comments:
Post a Comment