Sunday, February 14, 2021

more snow adventures

It stopped snowing/pelting ice mid-morning Saturday and turned into the perfect day for sledding and snowshoeing. Not too cold, no more wind - and about a foot of snow everywhere. We spent all morning at the school field with friends, I went for a nice long snowshoe tromp in the afternoon, and then Liesl and I joined friends again for more sledding.

 

 
Although it cannot be discerned from these photos, which show his great happiness at romping and chasing and running around outside, Jasper hurt his paws on Friday - either some ice cut him, or he chewed part of his own paw getting snow out, or something - because he was bleeding a bit and limping. Poor guy.  It didn't dampen his enthusiasm, obviously.

Seb and Wyatt went out in the morning and again the afternoon, hiking up to the top of Miller and sledding down the hill, trekking along the trails over to Birkendene and sledding there, and in general having a good time off on their own.

I headed out after lunch and walked down to the pond and then up the trails to Birkendene, and then further up to Thompson, and then further up to Skyline, and then I dropped down Firelane 3 into Forest Park to the Wildwood Trail. It got prettier and quieter the further up and in I ventured, and I was so happy with the serenity and beauty of our local forest trails. Although I took my camera and risked frozen fingers snapping a couple dozen photos, none of them turned out very well. I'll post my feeble efforts anyway --

Neighborhood friends built a jump/ramp on one of the side streets, and Liesl took some turns going down and off it with Elia.

No comments: