Friday, November 6, 2020

personal best

I have always been a casual runner - 3 or 4 miles, a few times a week, fairly consistently since high school. I ran on the river valley trails in Edmonton, while abroad in Sweden and later in China, I ran at Amherst, in New York (except in Astoria), I ran the gorgeous Aqueduct trail in Westchester (except when pregnant), and I have run here in Portland. But in the past year, since joining a Hood to Coast relay team, and especially since the pandemic began, I have begun to run more and more. I've increased both the frequency of my runs and the distance, and somewhat to my surprise have begun to see results. This week I ran my fastest ever 10k in 51.19 - overall completing 7 miles at a 8.18 pace per mile. During October, I ran 24 times, logging 105 miles, also a personal best. I am so proud of myself and so excited to keep running.



No comments: