On Friday, Sebastian and Cason took on a science project that involved baking something and writing about it. (That's all I know, not having seen the prompt or rubric.) I gave them four easy recipes to choose from, and they picked chocolate cupcakes. Watching the two of them muddle their way around the kitchen, trying to decipher what it meant to sift the dry ingredients, asking when the timer was supposed to start, confusing the tsp and Tbs measurements, and generally having a grand time, was hysterical. But in the end, the cupcakes were delicious, and everyone was happy.
And then in the evening, we set up a Zoom call with my mom and dad. They're bored and stuck inside by themselves, so we arranged some unusual entertainment. Seb hooked up his Fortnite, and we positioned the screen just so, and mom and dad got an explanation of and tour of Seb's video world. Obviously no one is expecting them to become gamers, but I think it was fun to listen to Seb talk and explain and point out all of options and choices on the map.









No comments:
Post a Comment