My Name Poem
By Sebastian Raab
My name is Sebastian, I go by Seb. I’ve met Sebi and Sebas and Sebastian’s, but never another Seb. The name comes from my uncle, my momÅ› brother. His middle name was Sebastian, a name my mother always admired. My mom and her brother were close, so when I was born, she thought to name me Sebastian. Poof, there I was.
Seb is like a good book you don't want to put down. So good stopping would be a crime, yet you don't want to finish because it would mean doing something else. But you know there are always other ones, no matter what you are doing, so it isn't a total tragedy. I have always loved books, all genres included. Sports books, action books, adventure books, you name it.
Sebastian is like a king size snickers, long and crunchy. If you're feeling ambitious and hungry, I taste great. When you're not I'm like a long, slow slog up a hill on a scorching hot day. Sebastian is unpredictable, like a gumball machine at a sketchy place in the middle of nowhere. You never know if you’ll get your favorite flavor, a bad flavor, or nothing at all.
Seb is like a close sports game. You don’t know the outcome ahead of time, but you know it will come down to the last play, always a close one. Picture the crowd on its feet, cheering and stamping both teams alike. One team will be heartbroken, the other overjoyed. They tell us to have sportsmanship, tell it to yourself. When their team loses, they scream, curse, and yell.
I am Sebastian, and no matter what, I'm happy with who I am.
No comments:
Post a Comment