Saturday, September 29, 2018

fall weekend

It's another weekend of soccer and friends here - two games on Saturday, two on Sunday, and Campbell's birthday party at a climbing gym. Jasper and I made it out for a 6 mile run in Forest Park this morning - phew! - and after the soccer games we wandered around NW Portland for a bit. We had lunch at Life of Pie pizza, bought birthday presents, and picked up some pints of Salt & Straw ice cream. In the late afternoon, the kids played with neighborhood friends - I overheard some talk of Truth or Dare, but opted to not investigate any further (I find feigning deafness/ignorance to be a useful parenting tool). There was dancing in our garage - Liesl did ballet, Sophia tap, Ray hip-hop, and Sebastian showed off the funk. Meanwhile, I baked - morning glory muffins and a gingerbread cake. The air is crisp in the mornings and the leaves are changing color... feels like fall out there.

No comments: