Wednesday, December 13, 2017

the Raabs visit!

Grandma and Grandpa Raab came to visit us this week, and it's been grand. We have totally failed at taking pictures of most days, but the visit has been sweet and fun. Grandma got to watch Liesl's ballet class; Grandpa got to watch Sebastian's futsal game. They made our annual gingerbread houses together, in a mess of icing and candy. Grandpa has been making his way through some household projects that Steve and I have been neglecting for ages.... now I know that next time, I'll have to prepare a punch list in advance of his visit!
Because they were here, Steve and I got to escape to Seattle for a day and night to attend his law firm's holiday party. We took the train north (very civilized), stayed at a swanky hotel downtown, mingled and ate and drank and danced at the party (so fun to dance!), and then slept in the next morning. We had a leisurely brunch at Macrina Bakery, bought some Alaskan king salmon at Pike's Market, and took the train back home. It was the first time we've been away for a night from our children, and it was a delightful little trip.

On Monday night, we went to a Christmas light show at a Victorian house in North Portland - it was pretty and spectacular and sweet - really fun.

No comments: