At Matthiessen Park in Irvington, which seemed somehow smaller... as if I'd been a child last time I was here. I think it's just that my children are bigger and cover ground more quickly, although it could be I've been spoiled by Portland's huge parks.
The new Tappan Zee bridge rising over the Hudson River - it's gorgeous.
Some things haven't changed - at the sound of the train whistle, Sebastian ran to the fence to see the MetroNorth and Amtrak trains approaching the station. All day long, he was excited every time a train sped by. It reminded us so strongly of when he was tiny and could watch trains for hours.
Lunch at a new BBQ spot in Irvington - so good!
with Rip Van Winkle, creation of Washington Irving
Our old apartment building!
We drove over to the Rockefeller State Park Preserve and then walked the trails to Stone Barns farm - we saw horses, cows, pigs, chickens, ducks, and sheep - it was very nostalgic to be back on those trails with my kids, admiring the animals.After Stone Barns, we stopped in Tarrytown for ice cream cones at Main Street Sweets and then returned to Irvington's waterfront park to enjoy the early evening. We watched a baseball game under the lights, played at the playground, and admired New York City in the distance.
1 comment:
So lovely.
Post a Comment