Sebastian, Liesl, and I went for a lovely long hike in Forest Park this morning - down the Trillium trail, along the Wildwood, and back up along the Firelane 7. It was muddy, cool, and cloudy, but the trilliums and yellow violets were in full bloom - pockets of them everywhere you looked in the forest - and we were happy. We played 20 questions and took some photos and hid in the woods and just talked. About halfway through, Sebastian said "Thanks for taking us on this walk, mom. The forest is beautiful today, and it's so nice to be out together." And I thought, I win! :)
This structure of sticks has been in the same place along Firelane 7 since we moved here, but it's grown over time from a simple tepee into a more stable house-like dwelling. Today, we found a plastic bag inside with a journal and pen for noting your experiences. We happily participated.
And then we added on to the structure - a few new sticks to strengthen the sides.
After our walk, we had an early lunch and then visited the Central Library. We checked out our usual 60+ books and staggered back to the car under the load. Seb has already finished two of them; Liesl is coloring a giant mural - a happy spring break day.
1 comment:
I love this post. I love parenting wins that come unexpectedly. I love peaceful hikes with dainty flowers.
Post a Comment